Season Three Reloaded is live on May 20 in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One and there’s a whole lot of new action to experience in multiplayer, Warzone, and Zombies.
John McClane and Rambo in the ‘80s Action Heroes Event
We’re kicking off with the ‘80s Action Heroes event, including limited-time bundles, new game modes, and a wide collection of event specific rewards, in addition to all the other content coming this season.
Meet our two hosts for the event:
John McClane (Launch)
“Welcome to the party, pal!”
A New York cop who arrives at a holiday party turned hostage situation — John McClane is the hero of the “Die Hard” films, one of the most iconic action movie series of all time. Get John McClane in the Die Hard bundle in the in-game store from May 19 to June 18. This bundle includes the legendary operator, a finishing move, three legendary weapon blueprints — one tactical rifle, two SMG, and one assault rifle — a legendary calling card and emblem, an epic watch, and an epic weapon charm.
“To survive a war, you gotta become war.”
He was double-crossed while on a clandestine mission and left to fight on his own in “Rambo: First Blood Part II,” which continued to inspire countless action movies since its release in 1985. Find the Rambo bundle in the in-game store from May 19 to June 18. This bundle includes the legendary operator; two finishing moves, including one using his signature bow and arrow; three legendary weapon blueprints — an assault rifle, an LMG and a knife blueprint; a legendary calling card and emblem; and an epic watch and charm.
Warzone Brings Nakatomi Plaza, Power Grab, and More
It’s not just the heroes of “Die Hard” and “Rambo: First Blood Part II” who have landed in Verdansk. They also brought an iconic locale with them, changing the Warzone landscape as we know it… only for a limited time.
New Point of Interest: Nakatomi Plaza
Replacing Downtown’s Broadcast Tower and its surrounding blocks, the Nakatomi Plaza — the tallest single structure yet seen in Warzone — gives operators a chance to explore this iconic location from the original “Die Hard.”
Nakatomi Plaza features multiple optional missions that can be completed during Battle Royale and Plunder, rewarding in-game content upon completion. The bravest operators might even try breaking into Nakatomi’s vault and escape with its riches.
New Points of Interest: Survival Camps & CIA Outpost
In homage to “Rambo: First Blood Part II,” 10 different camps around Verdansk have been converted into Survival Camps. Search these sites for loadout items and dog tags. Bring those tags to the newly established CIA Outpost in northwest Verdansk and you might just get some air support in return.
New Power Grab Mode and More
Drop into Verdansk with over 100 other operators in Power Grab, a new limited time mode featuring a smaller circle collapse with five stages that quickly progress, and no Gulag to earn back your life.
Instead, revive your squadmates via the Buy Station or by collecting dog tags, which are dropped by eliminated operators and can also be found as rewards for completing contracts, and in rare cases, in supply boxes.
Each dog tag collected brings you one notch up a reward ladder: Earn a UAV, a respawn token, advanced gas masks, and specialist bonuses.
Also, find the explosive Combat Bow in Verdansk and Rebirth Island along with other heavy hitters available for a limited time in Season Three Reloaded.
New Maps and Modes in Multiplayer
- Standoff (6v6, Launch): First introduced in Black Ops II, Standoff is a 6v6 medium-sized map that features a timeless three-lane feel and provides plentiful opportunities for outsmarting your opponents.
- Duga (Multi-Team, Launch): This region of the Ural Mountains is now ready for multi-team multiplayer modes. Duga offers something for every playstyle, whether you’re fighting through the central admin offices, the bus depot, or the chemical processing plant.
- Die Hardpoint: Fight against the clock in a cranked-up twist called Die Hardpoint. Get a movement speed boost and buff at the cost of your life when the clock hits zero. Extend the timer by earning eliminations and playing the objective.
- Rambo’s Gun Game: Rambo joins the party with a new rotation of weapons to fight through, including the Combat Bow, War Machine, RPG-7, and Death Machine, while staying alive with an equipped stimshot. Get through all 20 weapons first to win the match.
For your efforts during the ‘80s Action Heroes event, earn new action movie inspired medals such as the “Light ‘Em Up” and “Have a Blast!” medals.
Get Cranked in Zombies and Discover New Outbreak Content
- New Main Quest, Orda World Event, and More in Outbreak (Launch): A brand-new main quest is set to begin for all Requiem agents in Outbreak on May 20. Massive Orda monsters also now wander the Ural Mountains posing a considerable challenge, and there’s new Dark Aether story Intel and other secrets to uncover along the way.
- Cranked 2: No Time to Crank (Launch): The sequel to the fan-favorite Zombies mode arrives in “Firebase Z” and “Die Maschine.” All mystery box locations will be active and restocked with different armaments, including more frequent support items. Eliminate your first zombie and the Cranked Timer begins! Keep it ticking with each elimination or face an explosive demise.
Earn Two New Weapons
Season Three Reloaded brings two new secondary weapons, unlockable by completing their in-game challenges or by picking up a blueprint version in the in-game store.
- Baseball Bat (Launch Week) – Take a big swing with this classic bruiser’s melee weapon, as you knock away zombies and enemy operators with the new Baseball Bat. (Note: The Baseball Bat will enter Warzone in Season Four after “spring training” in Black Ops Cold War Season Three Reloaded.)
- AMP63 (In-Season) – This personal defense weapon is a cross between a self-loading pistol and a fully automatic SMG. Expect high amounts of damage in a short amount of time.
More in Season Three
Experience this and more in Season Three, including the Season Three Battle Pass, three playable operators — Wraith, Antonov, and Knight — new prestige levels, new challenges in multiplayer and Zombies, and more. Get fresh gear in the in-game store like the “Tracer Pack: Nuclear Distillery Mastercraft” bundle.
Haven’t yet joined the fight? Get Black Ops Cold War on the Xbox Store today, and prepare for Season Three Reloaded!
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
— Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version
– Confrontation Weapons Pack
– Legendary Captain Price Operator Skin* The iconic Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the original and fan-favorite Call of Duty®: Black Ops. Black Ops Cold War will drop fans into the depths of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical battle of the early 1980s. Nothing is ever as it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign, where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more. As elite operatives, you will follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who is on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new cast of Operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making. Beyond the Campaign, players will bring a Cold War arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences. Welcome to the brink. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War. *All existing owners and future purchasers of Black Ops Cold War will receive the Legendary Captain Price Operator. Buy Black Ops Cold War and log in to receive this free in-game Legendary Operator Skin. Usable in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone™. For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com. © 2020-2021 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Call of Duty Endowment Launches Campaign in Support of Military Appreciation Month
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season Three is Live
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season Two Begin February 25
Xbox Spotlight: Mental Health Awareness Month
Xbox Celebrates Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Red Dead Online, Final Fantasy X/X-2, FIFA 21, and More