Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Horizon Zero Dawn
- Horizon Zero Dawn which originally released as a Playstation 4 exclusive, released on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store in August. Now you get the GOG release for the Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition on the platform DRM-free.
- Previously Sony have shared they are looking to bring more “first-party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability”. This means more PS exclusives could be coming to PC at some point, the question is which will be next.
- For now Horizon Forbidden West, the sequel will be releasing as an exclusive on PS5 in 2021, which will require “virtually no loading screens” according to Guerrilla Games. Hopefully this means the sequel be coming to PC at some point.
For more on this news find it here in Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Is Releasing On GOG Next Week.
- CD Projekt Red shared system requirements a couple months ago, sharing the specs needed for a minimum setting. New update specs for Cyberpunk 2077 have been released stating what you will need in order to run the game on High and Ultra.
- If you’re planning to play Cyberpunk 2077 on High you will new a minimum of an RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 5700 XT. For Ultra settings, RTX 2080S, RTX 3070 or a Radeon RX 6800 XT. For ray tracing minimum, an RTX 2060 is recommended for 1080p. If you’re running ray tracing in Ultra for 2160p, then a RTX 3080 is needed.
- If you want to see all the RTX hype, and what gameplay looks like with ray tracing, you can check out the video released by Nvidia which shows some behind the scenes and gameplay.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will launch on PC next month on December 10th. It will also be releasing on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S and Stadia.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Updated PC Specs Unveiled; Ray Tracing Requirements Shared.
Path of Exile
- The free to play Action-RPG Path of Exile will be getting three events this December 2020. Grinding Gear Games has announced these events will include a one-week Mayhem Event, a one-week Endless Delve Event and a three-week Heist Flashback Event. This will give players plenty to do up until the end of the Heist League, and the launch of Path of Exile’s endgame expansion in January.
- Ending December with a bang, starting December 4th, the one week Mayhem Event will take place, by applying classic modifiers from past Leagues: Anarchy, Invasion, Breach, Ambush, Torment and Harbinger, and turning them up to 11.
- The next event, the One-Week Endless Delve event will take place on December 11th at the Azurite Mine. Going into the depths of darkness with starter gear in this unique event and having access to passive points.
- The last event to take place is the Heist Flashback Event, starting December 18th. Each game will include several popular mods from previous leagues, with a random selection of any three modifiers, changing each hour on the hour.
- So what will be in it for you if you complete the three events? The prizes include the new Demigod’s Authority, a Twilight Mystery Box for reaching level 50, and random microtransaction prizes at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, and 95 that will be drawn at the conclusion of each event.
For more on this news, find it here in Path Of Exile Three December Events 2020.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne
- Inspired by the Monster Hunter film, players will be able to take part in event quests coming to Monster Hunter World Iceborne this December 4th. The film directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and starring Milla Jovovich, will bring the game to life.
- The two-part Event Quest lets hunters go face to face with the Black Diablos which appear in the film, in a solo quest. You will also have to overcome the massive Greater Rathalos. Only the worthy will be able to face this new test, as players must achieve Master Rank before taking on the challenge.
- Succeeding the Event Quest will grant players items such as special gear, layered armor, new titles, a new background and Guild Card poses.
- Also starting November 27th, Iceborne players can pick up a limited-time only item pack full of useful items, which can be claimed as a log-in bonus.
For more on this news, find it here in Monster Hunter Film Collaboration Event With Monster Hunter World Iceborne.
- The latest Fallout 76 Steel Dawn update was expected to release on December 1st, but due an error it caused the update to go live early.
- According to the official Fallout website, Bethesda explained the update went live for Xbox players, meaning they couldn’t play the game. Bethesda were quick to discuss with their team about the unexpected error, and decided it was ok to release the Steel Dawn update for all.
- The DLC went live this week for all platforms, allowing Fallout 76 players to jump into Steel Dawn just over a week earlier than expected. The Steel Dawn update adds the first part of the major quest chain.
- In this update, players will meet the Brotherhood, gain their trust and begins to make a number of decisions which will ultimately determine what the Brotherhood of Steel ends up becoming.
- Further additions come with this update including new NPCs, factions as well as companions. Along with the new quest will be new locations and new gear.
For more on this news, find it here in Fallout 76 Brotherhood Of Steel Update Releases Earlier Than Expected.
- Releasing alongside the Playstation 5, a new generation of console, Demon’s Souls was a launch title which demonstrated the console’s capability. After the release of the game, the developer has released the first patch update to address some of the stability issues.
- In the first patch from Bluepoint, the update concentrates on “fixing a few stability issues”. There was no detailed set of patch notes to accompany this update, but seems to be a broad set of fixes to help with potential performance issues players may have come across so far.
- As well as announcing the first update, Bluepoint also shared that they are actively “listening to the community and continuing to work on fixes”. This includes the “gold coin glitch”. Looks like the studio will continue to add further improvements to the game in response to the feedback from the community.
- Demon’s Souls is now available on Playstation 5. If you’re wondering whether to dive into the game be sure to check out our Demon’s Souls Remake Review. Don’t forget to drop by our Twitch channel to watch us play.
For more on this news, find it here in Demon’s Souls First Patch For PS5 Fixes Stability Issues.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launched earlier this month, unleashing the Viking experience for all. But it didn’t launch without a bug or two. Ubisoft have released an update that will help fix some of the most interesting bugs to say the least.
- One bug in particular caused dogs to levitate off the ground, when you pet them. Other fixes rolled out improvements to UI and in-game guard behaviour.
- The patch also fixes some technical problems including RAM/VRAM issues.
- You can check out what we thought of game in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Review. Need some good tips and tricks to get you going? Watch/read our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Beginner Guide.
For more on this news, find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Latest Update Fixes Levitating Dogs, Falling Crows And More.
- The latest gameplay video for the previously announced Project EVE takes a closer look at the Action-RPG from the South Korean developer Shift Up. The project is led by former director of Blade & Soul, a 3D fantasy MMORPG and a mobile game studio Shift Up.
- Project EVE was first announced back in 2019, a AAA title for both console and PC as semi-open world title. In the latest trailer it previews a taste of the action combat, with breath-taking graphics demonstrating the type of game it aims to be.
- So far there is no launch window confirmed for Project EVE, but by looking at the website they still seem to be recruiting so it may be some time before we see some further in-game footage.
- Previous screenshots show that the world is in a post-apocalyptic setting, which looks to be influenced by Nier Automata. The developer has said they are inspired by Nier Automata and the latest God of War. The main character also has some bionic features going on if you take a closer look at her back. Yokotaro himself actually praised the title, if that’s not endorsement enough, I don’t know what is.
For more on this news, find it here in Project EVE Gets New Gameplay Trailer Plus Screenshots.
- The Action-RPG colonial set Greedfall released at the end of last year, and has now surpassed 1 million copies sold. Developer Spiders and publisher Focus Home Interactive that the title will be coming to platforms Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X with additional content.
- Greedfall introduced players to the island of Teer Fradee, taking on the role of De Sardet. Their family has been inflicted with a mysterious illness, and to find the cure, the adventure takes them to Teer Fradee.
- The title features a pretty impressive set of RPG systems, including the chance to put your own party together, customising everything from magical abilities to armor. The combat mixes your traditional melee and guns options with the choice of magic spells, letting you cast and use traditional weapons at the same. If you want to know what we thought of this adventure into new lands, you can check out our GreedFall Review – An RPG With Plenty Of Choice.
For more on this news, find it here in Greedfall Will Come To PS5 And Xbox Series X With New Content.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: