Can you read music? As you enter the Opera House in Resident Evil Village you’re presented with the piano puzzle, where you have to play the right musical notes along to the song on the sheet music to continue.
If you’re not musically inclined, this puzzle can be a lot more trouble than treble, since the notes line up with real-life musical theory.
Once you know what you’re doing however, it’s simple enough.
Resident Evil Village Piano Puzzle – How to play the music notes in the Opera House
To solve the piano puzzle and advance through the Opera House in Resident Evil Village, you need to play along to Sogno (Italian for ‘Dream’) on the grand piano.
Keeping things as simple as possible, if you count the left-most key as 1 and move along to the right, the sequence you need to play is:
15, 12, 14, 13, 13, 16, 15, 16, 17, 17
If you want to work out the notes for yourself, you can tell that the sheet music is in the treble clef from the symbol on the left-hand side.
The sequence of notes is:
C, G, B, A x 2, D, C, D, E x 2
It won’t work if you play these notes lower down on the piano, because it’s in the wrong octave. You’re playing in the right-most and middle octave of the highlighted keys.
Excluding sharps and flats, there are only 7 notes in all of music, and it’s these basic notes on the white keys you’ll be playing. The notes go E, F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F from the bottom line, through all the spaces, to the top line.
Once you’ve played the correct sequence of notes, you’ll get the Iron Insignia Key, which opens up lots of new and exciting places in the castle.
Most notably, it opens the previously locked door across the landing from the Opera House, and that’s where you need to go next.
Grab the gunpowder from the chair to the right of the piano, then make your way up there.
- Resident Evil Village Walkthrough Part 1 – Into the village, Luiza’s House, and the castle
- Resident Evil Village Prioress Door
- Resident Evil Village Part 3 – Hall of War, Dungeon, Bela Dimitrescu First Daughter Boss
- Resident Evil Village Hall of Ablution statues
- Resident Evil Village Part 5 – Wine Cellar, Terrace, and Courtyard
- Resident Evil Village Piano puzzle
- Resident Evil Village Part 7 – Library Second Daughter Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village Bells in the Atelier
- Resident Evil Village Part 9 – Treasure map, Rooftops, and Third Daughter Fight
- Resident Evil Village Lady Dimitrescu Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village Part 11 – House With the Red Chimney
- Resident Evil Village Beneviento Dollhouse | Beneviento’s Treasure, Door Code, Music Box Puzzle Solutions
- Resident Evil Village Part 13 – Power the windmill, Sluice Gate puzzle and Moreau Boss
- Resident Evil Village Part 14 – Otto’s Old Mill and Stronghold
- Resident Evil Village Part 15 – Heisenberg’s Factory and Boss Fight
- Resident Evil Village Part 16 – Finding Chris Redfield
- Resident Evil Village Part 17 – Mother Miranda Final Boss
The post Resident Evil Village Piano Puzzle | How to play the music notes in the Opera House appeared first on VG247.
SEGA has no plans to bring Lost Judgment to PC “at this time”
Remnant: From the Ashes free upgrade coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Mako has been improved, but you can disable the new handling